Turn off your laptop, and disconnect your battery pack and any miscellaneous peripherals. It is never safe to work on a computer while connected to any power source. Wait 10 minutes before attempting to remove the laptop's keyboard .
- Locate the screw at the bottom of the laptop casing, then remove the screw with a Phillips screwdriver. Set the screw aside.
- Use a small, flat-head screwdriver to apply pressure to the two small black clips at the top of your keyboard until the keyboard is unattached from the clips.
- Grab the "ESC" key with one finger then lift the keyboard out of the casing.
- Flip the keyboard forward until you can see the attached ribbon cable. Use the flat-head screwdriver to apply pressure to the white edge of the ribbon cable connector. Keep applying pressure until the ribbon cable is completely disconnected.
- Set the Asus X Series X70AB Keyboard face down on a flat surface.
Tips & Warnings
- Don't apply too much pressure on the black clips. Doing so may cause the clips to slip down into the motherboard, and you will have to disassemble the entire laptop to retrieve them