Samsung NB Series NB30 (White) Keyboard problems and prevent long-term damage.Removing Coke from a laptop keyboard requires careful cleaning and a lot of time to wait for your laptop to dry. The sugary residue that Coke leaves behind on your laptop keyboard can permanently damage your laptop, or render it completely unable to function if the liquid and residue are not properly removed. Acting quickly after the Coke has been spilled on your laptop will fix your
- Unplug your laptop from the AC adapter.
- Shut down your laptop. Do not put the laptop in "Standby" or "Sleep" mode.
- Remove the battery from the back of your laptop and place it in an anti-static bag.
- Blot up the Coke on the Samsung Keyboard with a damp towel. Make certain that the towel is absorbing the excess liquid and you are not just pushing additional Coke into the laptop case.
- Tilt the laptop to one side and allow the Coke to drain out of the case. Gently tilt the laptop to the other side to allow the Coke to drain out of that side. Do not shake your laptop to get the liquid out.
- Turn your laptop over with the keyboard facing the towel. Carefully place the laptop on the towel to drain. Allow your laptop to dry for approximately 24 hours.
- Using a screwdriver, gently pop off any keys that were directly in touch with the spilled Coke.
- Pour isopropyl alcohol on a cotton ball. Wipe down the Samsung NB Series NB30 (White) Keyboard with the cotton balls to clean up any remaining Coke residue. Carefully wipe down the area beneath the keys that you removed.
- Allow your laptop to dry for 12 hours.
- Place the keyboard keys that you removed back on your laptop by gently pressing them back into place.
- Place your laptop battery back into your laptop. Reboot your laptop.